Bug Fix Release

I have released a new version correcting a few bugs related to file system generation, write speed detection and write speed selection.

In addition to bug fixes the update also contains a few UI improvements as well as support for non-standard character sets in ISO9660 file systems, as required by some non-standard conforming bootable operating system CDs/DVDs.

The change log can be found here as usual.

39 Responses to “Bug Fix Release”

1. Sterling says:

I really appreciate your work. I’ve also just contributed (dollars) to your effort. I’m just curious, do you have an ETA on bluray support? Thanks again and keep up the great work.

2. IRuser says:

Good to see that there is still development! IR is a good piece of software. I’m looking forward to upcoming releases. 😉

3. Lir says:

Thank you!

4. alvasrawuther says:

Great to see that it’s still in development, continue on with the great work.

5. Iliyan Popov says:

Thank you!

6. carl99999 says:

Doesn’t run on Windows 2000.

7. mark says:

software sounds like a great download, if only i could find a direct link to download instead of that stupid download manager

8. mark says:

never mind, silly me, just found it

9. Gite Gard says:

10. Jorg Behlien says:

If you could only fix the problem with small files’ compilations…
    Whrn I try to burn a couple of small files to an image for example, they must be so big in order to make the counter go to at least 1%. If not, it will say that it is empty. So we must put some other junk in there, just to make it big.

11. alireza says:

will be there any Windows 8 support?

tnx for the time u spend on this…

12. Francisco says:

Buen trabajo. Me gusta este programa. Lo recomiendo.

13. rhastu says:

I’m having issues with write speed detection on version 0.53. I can only choose between 18x and maximum speed. I don’t have this problem using version 0.52.

14. Jon says:

I just downloaded and installed Infrarecorder on my Win 7 64-bit system. It runs okay but I can’t burn a compilation audio CD.

My CD consists of two mp3 files. I set the burn speed to 16X. It prepares the first file then starts to prepare the 2nd file and then gives me this error and ejects the blank disc:

“Inappropriate audio coding on file “/cygdrives/C/Users/Jon/Appdata/local/temp”

I tried re-booting my computer but that did not help – I got the same error.

I can click on either file while in Infrarecorder and it will play the file in Windows Media just fine. Both my files are original mp3 recordings, and neither are copyrighted or copyprotected in any way.

15. ErPapi says:

Hmmm… have you installed lame in the codecs directoriy?

16. Konstantin says:

Dear developer, I am very much appreciate your time making Infra Recorder better. This is the only image burning software I am using on Windows systems for the last 3 years.

Keep going, you are doing a great job!

17. Manuel says:

Thank you!!!!
    Very good work and reliable program.

Keep going 🙂

18. Ron says:

I copied 10 DVD’s now the software keeps giving me an error that says it can’t read the disc! I’ve rebooted and still same error. But I can play the disc with Media Player. Help!

19. Andy says:

I like infra recorder a lot. i have used many different programs to burn to CD/DVD but infra recorder is so far the fastest around (before anyone asks if i been paid to say so the answer is no this is my own personal opinion). BUT i am not sure if the asked about over burn is implemented yet. i saw someone ask about it in version 0.41.nn1

20. Yasser says:

Thanks for this great freeware!

21. Geo says:

Good and very light project. Good job!

22. Andre says:

Is this project still alive ? Love the software though see no updates for long time now.

23. Naive says:

@Andre
    What updates do you need?

24. Jovana says:

Good software, slow development. But it’s free!

25. torg says:

The program has a bug.
    Verification does not always work.

26. John says:

This project is dead probably haven’t seen an update since 2012 it’s now 2014. Would be nice if this program was updated with new features and a nice GUI etc.. I’ve been using it for along time just needs to be able to burn newer decoding methods seems very slow now.

I’m running a killer pc so it’s not my end.

27. Kenneth says:

Will there be Blu-ray support in the future?

28. Tony says:

Burning an audio CD by using MP3 files on Win 7, when start writing gave me an error:
    Process exit with Code: 254
    What’s that???

29. Tony says:

Process exit with Code: 254

On a Window System Error Code (Code Exits) says:
    “254 The specified extended attribute name was invalid.”

How can be fixed???

30. zahra says:

hello. i contact you from iran. i appreciate your great and valuable work. i downloaded your program many month ago. it was great software and its farsi translation is very clear and complete. but i request you to update it. please add features for writing all types of file like data files and also an option for recovering data from damaged and corropted cd dvd. i am wating for your new versions.

31. Andrés says:

Hello …

seeking a burner cd / dvd and arrived here from PortableApps … there said it was running Win8 but coming here I see that its development is stopped and only talks about Win7.
    The software will not be updated again? Hopefully the project can be updated.

Thanks.

32. Works very well under Windows 7, any updates for the upcoming windows 10 version ?

We could do beta testing if necessary.

Zoltis

33. Marius Cirsta says:

Anything that doesn’t work in Windows 10 ?

34. Sam Neuse says:

For Marius: It doesn’t remain visible on screen and thus, the user may be tempted to start the program multiple times. The result is multiple instances of the otherwise excellent program using memory-resources and doing nothing. We’re all waiting for an update.

35. chris says:

I second Sam Neuse’s comment. I can launch it, but it presents no window to the user… Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I also tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode (and windows vista and XP), but no luck there either.

• Mike says:

1 End Task for any running instances of Infrarecorder.exe in the Task manager
      2 Find and delete the settings.xml file (This PC/Users/… /AppData/Roaming/InfraRecorder/)
      3 Run Infra Recorder and change: Menu -> Options -> Configuration -> General -> Explore Folder -> Untick “remember last active folder”.

36. Philipp says:

on Windows 10 Pro i can launch both 32- and 64-Bit-Versions PORTABLE.
    Showing the usual interface, im recording a CD with the x64-verision right now.
    i have no idea where this is coming from but i can live with the portalbe version for now.
    cheers!

37. Phil says:

I’m trying to find the Infrarecorder log file, because my burns keep aborting. Docs say it’s “in the application folder”, which I take to mean $USER\AppData. I have turned on log file creation, but I can’t find anything there. What’s the name of the Infrarecorder log file, & what directory is it in?

Thanks,