- Fixed write speed detection issue.
- Fixed bug where maximum write speed would be used instead of the
selected one when burning DVDs.
- Fixed bug in creation of UDF and ISO9660 file systems containing
many files and folders.
- Relaxed ISO9660 duplicate file naming algorithm.
- Added support for non-standard character sets in ISO9660 file
- Various minor GUI changes.
- The space meter will now automatically adjust if a blank DVD is
- Fixed bug preventing reading and encoding audio tracks.
- Fixed DVD-Video file sorting bug, preventing fully compatible DVD-Video
DVDs from being created.
- Added sane error message when failing to create DVD-Video file
- Devices with drive letters A or B are now detected properly.
- Fixed shortcut icons on Windows 7 64-bit.
- Added support for reading discs (creating disc image) to a network
- Fixed bug causing desktop icons to disappear on Windows 7.
- Fixed bug causing InfraRecorder to crash when opening the burn dialog
on systems with no recorder(s) present.
- Added support for burning files from UNC paths.
- Various other bug fixes.
- Increased maximum FIFO buffer size from 128 MiB to 800 MiB.
- Added context menu to explorer tree view.
- InfraRecorder will now flash on the task bar when an operation has
- Added French translation of help file, thanks to Olivier Higelin!
- Relaxed default project ISO9660 settings.
- Made progress dialogs resizable for easier reading.
- Added wait cursors to time consuming operations.
- Fixed bug causing failed operations to sometimes be reporeted as
- Fixed bug causing an error when verifying discs containing single
character file or directory names.
- Updated cdrtools to version 2.01.01a61.
- Added support for displaying BluRay and HD-DVD capabilities.
- Displayed OK button problem should now be gone.
- Greatly improved device detection speed, devices are now always probed at
- Fixed a bug preventing boot images from being removed from projects.
- Updated InfraRecorder projects not to store file size information that
potentially could cause write errors.
- Added safety net preventing non-recoverable read errors to affect
integrity of other files during recording operation.
- Updated InfraRecorder to lock files on hard drive during file system
creation in order to avoid inconsistency errors.
- Added support for importing data from file lists like M3U.
- Added command line options for selecting default project and media
- Fixed a bug causing projects opened by association not to be loaded if
welcome screen was enabled.
- Added support for using Ctrl+A in the track secion to select all
- The drive letter is now displayed with the name of all CD/DVD
- Renamed disc fixation to disc closing.
- Fixed bugs related to drive letter detection.
- Fixed a bug causing the disc file system creation process to hang on some
systems (for real this time).
- Fixed a bug causing a custom temporary directory not to be used.
- Fixed a start-up maximization bug.
- Fixed a bug causing the disc file system creation process to hang on some
- Minor bugfixes and updates.
- Added support for recording multiple copies.
- Added a welcome screen to the InfraRecorder main application
and removed the express application.
- Solved a bug causing the OK button not to be enabled after erasing
or formatting a disc.
- Moved all source code to GPL version 3.
- Removed cdrtools binaries in favor of cdrkit binaries.
- Improved device detection routines, there should not be any more
problems with wrongly detected drive letters.
- Included an Indonesian translation, thanks to Andhika
- Included a Chuvash translation, thanks to Vladimir Kozhevnikov!
- Fixed a bug causing the express application and shell extension not
to be translated.
- Updated the portable version of InfraRecorder to store its log
files in the program directory instead of in the the application
- Updated cdrtools to version 2.01.01a38.
- Fixed a bug making InfraRecorder crash when trying to move a folder to
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong folder to be opened when double-clicking in
the project list view when a project contained folders with identical
- Fixed a bug causing the focus not to be returned to the OK button in the
progress dialog after performing an operation.
- Fixed icon rendering error on Windows XP and newer where display depth is
lower than 32-bits.
- Changed the option to verify the device configuration at start up to be
enabled by default.
- Added support for associating InfraRecorder with disc images.
- Updated the some of the dialog windows to be minimizable and visible on
the task bar when launced by an external application (like irExpress).
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect file names to be used when verifying
- Added functionallity to rename and remove files from imported sessions.
- Added support for selecting which multi-session track to import.
- When trying to record to a non-empty rewritable disc, InfraRecorder now
asks if the disc should be erased.
- When performing an operation the progress is now also displayed in the
- Reduced memory usage when dealing with projects.
- Fixed a bug making it impossible to open saved projects containing no
- Included a Thai translation, thanks to Prasit Kaephukhieo!
- Improved compatibility with the ISO9660 standard.
- Added support for creating UDF-only file systems.
- Added support for Unicode files names in Joliet extension and UDF file
- Added support for fragmented files in ISO9660 level 3. Files larger than
4 GiB can now be recorded to an ISO9660 file system.
- Removed mkisofs and isoinfo dependencies.
- Fixed some bugs related to importing disc sessions.
- Added properties menu item when right-clicking on the project tree root
- Added proper flagging of hidden files in the disc file system.
- Changed the default write method for multi-session projects to TAO.
- Fixed a bug causing InfraRecorder to crash when renaming project files to
include slash or backslash characters.
- Added the .img extension to the list of supported disc image extensions.
- A few cosmetic changes.
- Included an Arabic translation, thanks to Circoficus!
- Included a Greek translation, thanks to ÓôáìÜôéïò Ç. ÓôáìáôÝëëïò!
- Introduced alternate ways of fetching recorder write speeds. This solves
the "disabled OK button problem".
- Added support for reloading laptop drives (drives that can not
automatically load themselves) before starting the disc verification
- Corrected a version display error in the log system.
- Added a warning message when disabling disc fixation since some users
believes that this will create a multi-session disc.
- It's now possible to perform a disc copy using the same device as source
- Updated drive speed detection routines, it should now detect correct
speeds depeding on the inserted media.
- Improved the media removal/insertion auto detection routines.
- Added support for switching through the controls of the main view using
the tab key.
- Fixed a bug causing InfraRecorder to crash on Windows 9x systems when
changing folder in the explorer view.
- Added menu items for selecting all files and inverting the file selection.
- Fixed a bug causing negative progress to be displayed in some cases.
- Updated InfraRecorder to correctly maximize on startup, if closed
- Added a website button to the about window.
- Fixed a project file rename bug.
- Made the toolbar customizable in several ways.
- Improved project file handling, no duplicate files or folders are allowed.
- The program configuration is now stored in the application data folder.
A new portable version of InfraRecorder has been created where data is
stored in the program folder.
- Greatly improved drag and drop functionality.
- Included a Norwegian translation, thanks to Karol Ptasinski!
- Updated the help file with index and search capabilities.
- Fixed a bug causing InfraRecorder to try to verify files that where
imported from previous sessions.
- Fixed a bug causing the disc to be ejected (if requested) before starting
the disc verification process.
- Fixed a bug causing incompatibility with Windows 9x systems due to a
function call to SHGetFolderPathA.
- Updated the cdrtools to version 2.01.01a26.
- Included a Finnish translation, thanks to Rami Aalto!
- Removed the error message related to ckEffects.exe.
- Improved the erase feature with support for more recorders.
- Fixed a bug causing the size and position of the main window not to be
- Fixed a bug causing the explorer view to turn white when double-clicking
on a folder in the explorer list view (Windows XP only).
- Improved the program log functionality.
- Fixed a bug making it impossible to import sessions from certain disc types.
- Improved the explorer view performance. Expanding anything under "My Computer"
in the tree could on some systems result in a long delay because of slow
queries to floppy drives.
- Fixed a bug raising an exception when re-ordering audio tracks.
- Added a smoke effect when writing to a disc (requires Windows Vista
Aero to be enabled).
- Fixed a few bugs causing wrong disc information to be shown in the
disc information window.
- Various adaptations for Windows Vista.
- Added support for dropping files into the project tree view.
- Completely rewritten disc erase/format code. Improved DVD±RW and
- Included a Catalan translation, thanks to Josep Lluís Amador Teruel!
- Included a Galician translation, thanks to Xesús Estévez!
- Fixed a bug causing InfraRecorder to have invalid window coordinates
closed while minimized.
- Included a Romanian translation, thanks to Nicolae Crefelean!
- Removed the Visual C++ 8 DLL dependencies from the shell extension.
- Included a Hungarian translation, thanks to Tibor Sárkány!
- Included a Hebrew translation, thanks to Shemesh!
- Included a Danish translation, thanks to Patrick Fust!
- Fixed a bug causing all internal SCSI commands not to be executed in
the x64 build of InfraRecorder.
- The MSI installer used for the x64 release now creates the
start-menu shortcuts in a subfolder.
- Fixed a bug causing InfraRecorder to crash when cdrecord reported
recording on a track-number higher than the number of tracks to be
- Removed the Visual C++ 8 DLL dependencies from the irWave codec.
- Fixed a bug causing stack corruption when using the irWMA codec.
- Available as 64-bit (x64) build.
- Created a completely new Wave codec to remove the libsndfile dependency
and add support for the x64 compiler.
- Modifed the translation system to allow translated controls to
automatically resize and move its neightbours when needed.
- Various changes for Windows Vista compatibility.
- Modified the WMA codec so it doesn't raise an error message when it fails
to load (if Windows Media Player not installed).
- Included a Japanese translation, thanks to Nardog!
- Fixed a bug causing DVD media to always be recorded at maximum speed.
- Included a Korean translation, thanks to Jung Jin-ho!
- Included a Bulgarian translation, thanks to Iliyan Popov!
- Separated data DVD from data CD projects.
- Added support for omiting version numbers from ISO9660 file names.
- Added support for using Rock Ridge extensions without using the Joliet
file name extension.
- Fixed a bug causing the write speed not to be properly reported on some
- Added support for column sorting.
- Added support for rearranging audio tracks by drag and drop.
- Included a Serbian (Cyrillic and Latin) translation, thanks to ozzii!
- Added support for automatically verifying a disc after it has been
- Made the labels on the progress dialog double buffered to avoid flickering.
- Fixed a bug causing the cp1250 code page not to be properly detected on
- Added support for creating DVD-Video projects.
- Included a Slovak translation, thanks to Marek!
- Fixed a bug causing problems when importing certain seasons from
- Fixed a bug causing project UDF-settings not to be properly reset when
creating a new project.
- Fixed a bug causing error messages not to be properly displayed when
recording custom projects on the fly.
- Included a Chinese (Traditional) translation, thanks to Charlie!
- Fixed a bug causing the space meter to display inaccurate file
sizes on audio files in mixed-mode projects.
- Due to limitations in the Microsoft Windows 9x Unicode Layer, a
non-unicode version of InfraRecorder is released separateley.
- Added support for disabling the error message that occurs when a
codec fails to load.
- Added support for generating DVD-Video compliant filesystems.
- Added support for UDF.
- Added support for creating bootable data discs.
- Fixed a major bug preventing some projects from beeing properly
- Included a Bosnian translation, thanks to Asim Husanovic!
- Added an option to change the detected write speed of a recorder.
- Changed the recorder speed management to now allow a larger
number of write speeds below the maximum speed.
- Added write method information to the advanced device details.
- Fixed a bug causing a wrong character set to be detected on systems
using code page 1251.
- Fixed a bug causing bogus unix file permissions to be set when
recording custom projects using the Joliet name extension.
- Improved the project space meter.
- Added support for recording custom projects on the fly.
- Fixed a bug causing a temporary file not to be removed when
copying a disc.
- Added support for disabling the unsupported character set error
- Fixed a bug causing the space meter tooltip to display the size
information in bytes instead of minutes when dealing with audio
- Included a Slovene translation, thanks to Frani Žižek!
- Included a Ukrainian translation and manual, thanks to Serhij Dubyk!
- The advanced device properties list now correctly displays
titletip when a feature description is to long to be fully
- Fixed a bug causing empty directories to be ignored when creating
and recording custom projects.
- Fixed a bug causing files that has equal characters in the
file name to raise an error when creating a disc image.
- Included a Portuguese (Brazilian) translation, thanks to Éder Silva!
- Included a Chinese (Simplified) translation, thanks to DouDeHou!
- Added more read options (ignore read errors, read
sub-channel data and TOC, read speed).
- Added support for disc cloning.
- Added support for changing the FIFO buffer size.
- Added support for ISO level 4 which among many thigs
allows directory nesting to be deeper than eight levels.
- Included a Czech translation, thanks to khagaroth!
- Improved DVD-support (official cdrtools has DVD support
since version 2.01.01a09).
- Simulation mode now works when recording to DVDs.
- Support for blanking DVD+RW media (currently only with
Ricoh based drives).
- The size and position of the main InfraRecorder window
is now remembered and restored each startup.
- Included a Basque translation, thanks to David García-Abad!
- Added support for encoding audio tracks to Ogg, WMA and
MP3 (separate package due to patent issue).
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong tracks to be displayed
when scanning a disc for errors.
- Added support for decoding MP3, Ogg and WMA audio.
- Included a German manual, thanks to CE4!
- Included an Italian translation, thanks to Lorenzo Festa!
- Fixed bug with message boxes, they should now be modal.
- Added support for translated manuals.
- Changed the default simulation value to off.
- Added an option for changing the temporary folder.
- Added help documentation on how to make the InfraRecorder
installer perform unattended installations.
- The installer now adds an entry to Add/Remove Programs.
- Added support for selecting installation language on unattended
- Included a Russian translation and manual, thanks to Roman Starikh!
- Included a German translation, thanks to Thomas Bigler!
- Included a Polish translation, thanks to DJD!
- Included a Turkish translation, thanks to Fatma Akarslan!
- Included a Croatian translation, thanks to Tibor Keser!
- Included a Dutch translation, thanks to Patrick!
- Included a Portuguese translation, thanks to Cesar Baptista!
- Included a Spanish translation, thanks to Eduardo Leon!
- Increased the height of all comboboxes in the GUI to prevent unnecessary
- Fixed some GUI glitches causing black and purple backgrounds on some
graphics (only affected systems older than Windows XP).
- Added a tooltip to the space meter which displays the project size.
- Added support for pasting files from Windows Explorer into a project.
- Fixed a bug allowing multiple sessions to imported to a project.
- Fixed a bug (static linking to UpdateLayeredWindow in user32.dll) causing
incompatibility with Windows 9x systems.
Version 0.30.0.82 (Beta 2)
- Added DVD support by patching cdrecord (WARNING: Simulation mode is known
not to work when burning DVDs).
- Included a French translation, thanks to Pierre-Jean Coudert!
- Changed the default write method to SAO because of DVD compatibility.
- Updated the installer with extra options and multi-language support.
- Added a couple of new translateable strings for the progress log output.
- Made some directory layout changes to the CVS.